in the Saugatuck Area
Below you will find some things you wont want to miss while you are in town!
• Oval Beach- Beautiful natural sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan. Walk to the end of the pier. http://www.saugatuck.com/beaches.asp
• Douglas Beach- Little less crowded and beautiful. http://www.saugatuck.com/beaches.asp
• Pier cove beach- a Gem. http://www.saugatuck.com/beaches.asp
• Chain Ferry- take the chain ferry from Saugatuck to Mount Baldy.
• Mount Baldy- Climb the 300 plus stairs for the best view in town. If you are up for a work out, run down the dune to Oval beach, but remember you have to get back. http://www.michigan.org/property/mount-baldhead-and-oval-beach-recreatio...
• Saugatuck Dune rides- Thrilling ride through the dunes with some good local history and a little BS. No this is the best view in town. http://www.saugatuckduneride.com/
• Hiking at Saugatuck State park- Hike through the trails through the dunes to Lake Michigan. This could be the best view in town depending on the trail you take. http://www.michigantrailmaps.com/member-profile/3/223/
• Frisbee golf at the felt Mansion- Up for Frisbee golf, head to Land sharks for some gear and hit the course. https://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Shore_Acres_Park_MI
• Cross county skiing/Snow showing- Go to land sharks to rent gear and get a map for local cross county skiing trails and snowshoeing. https://shoptheshark.com/cross-country-ski-rentals/
• Express yourself Art Barn- Great for a rainy day. Paint your own pottery and they will fire it for you in time for you to pick it up and take it home. http://www.expressyourselfartbarn.com/
• Paddle boarding- Rent a paddle board or a Kayak from Imagine That, and go up or down the river or maybe even explore Silver Lake where the rumor is that Al Capone hid out. http://www.shakasurftours.com/
• NEW Retro boat rentals, cruise the river and Kalamazoo Lake- https://www.retroboatrentals.com/
• Fishing- Hook up with a fishing charter with Best Chance Charters, King Salmon, Lake trout, Perch. http://www.bestchancetoo.com/
• Just add water- need water toys or supplies you can get it at Just add water. Anything from bikes, to beach chairs and toys. http://www.saugatuck.com/NEW_Business_Directory/listing_photo.asp?ID=665
• Landsharks- great shoes, sandals, sunglasses and apparel. https://shoptheshark.com/
• Chantel- Hit it and buy an outfit for the evening. https://www.facebook.com/Chantal-Fashion-Apparel-110590782311672/
• Spice Merchant- So many spices your head will spin, great gift ideas. https://secure.spicemerchants.biz/sm/stores/details/5/Saugatuck
• Many other great stores, just take a stroll.
• Take a drive to Fennville and wine taste or tour Fenn Valley winery, then hit Virtue cider on the way back.
• Cranes bakery in Fennville has great cider donuts and pies, good place to kill some time with the kids. They also make hard ciders for the adults!
Below you will find some things you wont want to miss while you are in town!
• IDA Reds Cottage- Omelets, Raspberry muffin (add a little butter, best muffin you ever had!), pancakes are the best you have ever had. https://www.facebook.com/pages/IDA-Reds/152595224782630
• Uncommon grounds Coffee- Any coffee or tea, cappuccino, scones, Egg bakes are great. https://uncommoncoffeeroasters.com/
• Pumpernickels- for cinnamon rolls, ham and cheese croissant. http://pumpernickelseatery.com/
• M and M Café - Omelets or French toast. https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Star-Cafe-Ice-Cream-Treats-161339907218764/
• The Red Dock- Pulled pork sandwich, Pauliwood, Rum Punch. (You will think you are in the islands great atmosphere, literally on the water) Open memorial day to labor day. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g42683-d1130786-Reviews-Re...
• The Farm House Deli- Soup of the day, any sandwich. (Good to take to the beach) http://www.thefarmhousedeli.com/
• Wally’s Bar and Grill- Perch dinner or sandwich. (Great outdoor patio) https://www.facebook.com/Wallys-Bar-Grill-124429464282175/
• Phil’s Bar and Grill- The daily special, Steak salad. (Cozy inside bar) http://www.philsbarandgrille.com/
• The Butler- The Butler burger. (Great outside deck overlooking river) https://www.butlerrestaurant.com/
• Mermaid- New owners in 2017 and as it was good before it has a fresh start and is excellent. (Excellent outdoor seating on the river, indoor seating as well.) http://www.mermaidofsaugatuck.com/
• Grow - The name Grow stems from the restaurant’s concept of fresh, local ingredients and dishes made from scratch. The seasonal restaurant will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, and will have a picnic menu. https://www.facebook.com/GROW-1489833927895133/
• Saugatuck Brewing company- Great micro brew, get the oval beach blonde and the lobster mac and cheese, be careful she will get ya. http://saugatuckbrewing.com/
• Scooters Pizza- Pizza, spaghetti, fabulous Garlic bread six, sandwiches, inside there is a full bar and they deliver. http://www.scooterscafeandpizzeria.com/
• Back Alley Pizza- Pizza and sandwiches and they deliver. http://www.backalleypizzajoint.com/
• Bowdies Steak House- Best Steak since Kansas! Shrimp Cocktail Truffle fries. (Nice patio, very small inside seating, reservations on open table in advance or you wont get in, its that good!) https://www.opentable.com/bowdies-chophouse
• Hercules- Greek flare with Saganoki, excellent greek salad, chicken Marsala. Say hi to Richard. https://www.facebook.com/Hercules-Bar-and-Grill-100533573353363/
• Phils- Might be a wait but the Walleye is excellent, but you can not go wrong with anything. http://www.philsbarandgrille.com/
• Everyday People Café (EPC)- Nightly special, Gorgonzola Pork Chop, Tuna appetizer. (Nice outdoor patio and indoor seating) http://www.everydaypeoplecafe.com/
• Wild Dog- Great salads, dinner, drinks and outdoor seating. http://www.wilddoggrille.com/
• Marros Italian Restaurant- Garlic Rolls, Clams, Baked Mostacholi, Bouloubase, chocolate thunder with a floater for desert. (Indoor seating) http://www.marrosrestaurant.com/
• Spectators sports bar- Chicken wings and Sports, Large screen TV’s with any sport or game you want on, just ask Pat to put it on. Recommend their homemade dressings (bacon French), barbecue/Hot sauce mix for wings, and thin crust tortilla pizza. http://spectatorsrestaurant.com/
• Wally’s- Sports, Music and social fun. https://www.facebook.com/Wallys-Bar-Grill-124429464282175/
• Wicks Bar and Grill- Live music on the weekends. http://wickspark.com/
• The piano bar- Sing a long fun, the more you drink the better you sound. http://www.coralgablessaugatuck.com/
• The Butler Deck- Music and occasional live bands. https://www.butlerrestaurant.com/
• The deck at Coral Gables- Music over the river in the afternoon weekends when the weather is nice, more than likely you will run into Tombo singing (a local legend in his own mind) http://www.coralgablessaugatuck.com/
• The Sand Bar- The local dive bar with great live music on the weekends. https://www.facebook.com/thesandbarsaloon
• The comedy show at Coral Gables. Every Saturday night if you are up for a laugh, don’t sit up front. http://www.coralgablessaugatuck.com/
• Petters wine Bar- Cheeses and wine tasting of worldly wines. http://petterwinegallery.com/
• Last but not least- If you are here on Sunday from Memorial day to Labor day you will not want to miss the band at the RED DOCK at 4pm. They don’t play late because when the sun goes down, you must leave town. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g42683-d1130786-Reviews-Re...
• Charlies round the corner ice cream. Local Shermans ice cream, it is delicious. DT Saug. https://www.facebook.com/Charlies-Round-The-Corner-Ice-Cream-18639368141...
• Notties- Soft serv yogurt pile it up with just about anything you can imagine. https://www.facebook.com/nottiesfrozenyogurt/
• Dairy Daze- On the outside of town and a local secret if you are looking for a good deal.https://www.facebook.com/Dairy-Dayz-Ice-Cream-196146923744104/
Beachside Rental Services can rent and deliver many items you may need for your infant or child such as Cribs, stoller, Toddler beds, high chairs, baby gates Swings, etc. Call them at 616-594-0425.
With the exception of a handful of cottages, check-in is anytime after 3:00pm EST or 4pm EST depending on the cottage, and check-out is at 11:00am EST. Please refer to your arrival instructions for your check in time. We cannot accommodate early check-in or late check-out.
Please refer to your arrival instructions that were emailed with your reservation for the specific arrival instructions for the cottage you have rented. Most have a key pad entry and the code is the last 4 digits of the phone number on the reservation. If the cottage has a key, the door will be open and the the keys on the counter.
A credit card is required for your 25% deposit. For the remaining payment, we accept checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. We can also accept cash for the exact amount due, but typically that isn't a convenient option for our guests since your payment is due four weeks prior to arrival.
No, we do not provide housekeeping services during your stay. You do, however, have the option of scheduling and paying for an extra cleaning during your stay if you will be in town a while and would like kitchens and bathrooms spiffed up.
Each cottage has cleaning supplies for you to use during your stay. Laundry detergent and fabric softener are not provided, but dishwasher detergent, dish soap, kitchen cleaners, bathroom cleaners, etc. will be there. We will provide paper towel and toilet paper for your stay.
Every bathroom will have hand soap, bath soap, and a travel size shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. These are provided in case you happen to forget to pack something - since housekeeping will not visit during your stay, these items will not be replenished.
DeMond's in Douglas is the easiest to get to and is centrally located on the corner of Blue Star Highway and Center Street. They have all the basics and then some, and are used to catering to guests from out of town looking to fill up their kitchens for the week.
Looking for wine? Try Fenn Valley in downtown Saugatuck.
We love Just Add Water on the corner of Center Street and Ferry Street, right on your way to the beach. You can buy chairs, swimsuits, umbrellas, snacks, and toys, or you can rent items as well.
All our vacation rentals have wifi.